REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Dear Grade 11/12 Students & Families,
I am excited to share with you details of registering for the Coast to Coast March of the Living Mission April 8 – 23, 2018. This mission which we have discussed in detail in the past is open to ALL Temple Sholom Grade 11 & 12 students. The deadline for registration is October 30, 2017.
Scholarships up to 100% of the total cost of the trip $6,000 USD are available for ALL students who have accumulated 54 points in our Temple Teens Program. If you do not know your current points total please contact Phil Angel, TSY Advisor and he can share your totals with you (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you would like to participate in the March of the Living Mission here is what you need to do:
- Attend the Information Session on Monday Oct 16 (Beth Tikvah) or Tuesday Oct 17 (JCC) at 7pm. Please RSVP to www.jewishvancouver.com/MOL-session
- Register for the March of the Living by October 30, 2017; information provided at the Information Sessions
- A $500 deposit is required, when you register, you can request reimbursement for this via the Temple Sholom MOL Scholarship Program (see below)
- Participants will be required to participate in 10 session orientation program organized by the Jewish Federation – details to follow. The program begins in January and has met on Tuesday evenings in the past.
- If you would like to apply for subsidy/scholarship (up to 100%) for this mission please fill out the attached Scholarship form and return it to Rabbi Moskovitz by Oct 25, 2017.
If you have any questions about the trip please contact Dafna Silberstein at the Jewish Federation DSilberstein@jewishvancouver.com 604.257.5190
If you have questions about scholarships please contact Rabbi Moskovitz directly.
Rabbi Dan Moskovitz
Rabbi Carey Brown
Cantor Naomi Taussig
COAST TO COAST MARCH OF THE LIVING 2018
In POLAND, the March of the Living takes place on Holocaust Remembrance Day, when thousands of students march together the 3-kilometer distance separating Auschwitz from Birkenau.
In ISRAEL, participants will celebrate the 68th anniversary of Israel on Independence Day together with young people from Israel and other parts of the world.
DATES: April 8 -23, 2018
AGES: Grades 10, 11 and 12
PROGRAM FEES: $6,000 USD
The Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver is giving a grant of $2,000 CAD to each participant to help towards reducing the cost of the March.
Additional scholarships are also available from the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver @ www.jewishvancouver.com
REGISTRATION OPENS: September 28, 2017
REGISTRATION CLOSES: October 30, 2017
To register please log in online at www.marchoftheliving.org
EDUCATION: Starting January, the participants will attend 10 weekly educational sessions leading up to the March.
1. When is the application due?
The application, in full, must be submitted online by Monday, October 30, 2017, including Online Application, deposit, forms and documents.
2. Are there subsidies available?
The Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver allocates a $2,000 CAD grant for each participant. Additional subsidies are available from the Jewish Federation. Application forms can be downloaded from the Federation website. www.jewishvancouver.com
3. What if I don’t have a passport?
You may write N/A (not available) in the space provided, and then take all the necessary steps to obtain one as soon as possible. Your passport must be valid for a minimum of six months after the trip returns.
4. What if I never attended a Jewish School?
We review all applicants equally, and encourage students from a variety of educational backgrounds to participate.
5. Can we send more than one letter of recommendation?
Please follow the instructions, and send only one letter.
6. What if I don’t have a regular physician?
The clinic you usually frequent when you are sick should have your most update information. Please contact them.
7. To whom should I address the cheque for the deposit?
Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver
Please write the participants’ name in the memo line.
8. Can I submit my application before the due date?
Yes. Please ensure all required documents and the deposit are mailed in as well.
9. How do I find out about interviews?
We will contact you to set up an interview, which will be conducted in mid-November.
10. When will I find out if I am accepted?
We will notify applicants of their acceptance shortly after the interview process.
All questions can be directed to: Dafna Silberstein
604-257-5190 or DSilberstein@jewishvancouver.com